Friday, March 21, 2008

Have to Step it Up

As I drove to work this morning(The Woman and kids have started their "spring break" so I am the only one up) I was noticing all the decorations on the houses as I passed. There is no shortage of concrete statues, door hangings, and what my art friends would refer to as "craft crap". I can only assume that the same attention to fashion is carried on inside these abodes. What I took away from this is that most people, no matter what their means, try to beautify their surroundings. Maybe they prefer the cute little crafty plaques, or maybe given the option of some other images at the same or slightly higher prices they would choose what we like to call "fine art".

It's all about disposable income. I think in today's economy, with the price of everything going up in a huge tornadic vortex, that appears it will never end. If I can offer something that has a "perceived value" to the patrons at these summer shows, one would hope that they would take the high road of "fine art".

Next Saturday I am doing a little show in Pekin, we will see if these are worth the effort very soon. It will be the first time that I will be over in Pekin, definitely a "crafty" town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter