Monday, March 31, 2008

What A Weekend

Kristopher blew into town this weekend and that means a list of area restaurants that he must eat at before his return to England Sunday evening. His Mother was busy planning the big welcome home dinner when she got the list, her turkey didn't make the cut, it was replaced by Haddad's Lebonese Restaurant ( I would most definitely preferred the turkey ). Saturday evening was Monical's Pizza and lucky for me (and my wallet) he left before lunch on Sunday.

While Kristopher had meetings, I was at Roam the Dome in Pekin. It was a weird experience, I was in crafters world, between the woman who had bottles melted in a kiln until they were flat and the Hinkley Springs water display. Boothes that looked like an upscale garage sale to a few artists that I have actually seen at shows. We were invading their space and they weren't too sociable, we had crossed the line in the sand over into their turf .
Most shows that I have attended in the past require an application with images and a resume, this one would let any body with cash set up in the dome. ( I won't be putting this one on my resume) All in all I did OK though - I mean I'd do it again - even though this was not your art show crowd , they still knew quality when they saw it.

Sunday morning I attended the Peoria Art Guild jury for Junction City, it was amazing that even with all the preaching about following the rules and going over your entry before submitting errors were everywhere. From images that weren't loaded with the top up or including your name in an image or description ( both of which would normally exclude you from the show) the staff at the Guild did their best to fix them before the jury saw them. All in all it was very helpful to see the process, at least now I have some idea of how it is done. The mystery has been revealed, some people are stupid and some are really talented. Guess it wasn't a mystery after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter