Monday, June 30, 2008

Rhapsody Update..

This last weekend was the Rhapsody in Bloom art show at the Luthy Botanical Gardens in Peoria. The show was just as I expected a leisurely day at the park, a few more people than usual but they were more of a garden crowd than a fine art crowd. Sales were slow (unless you were the guy selling cast concrete garden stones or copper garden sculptures) so as I was packing up to go home a freak storm came rushing through and folded my tent in half. No paintings were terribly damaged that I noticed yet but it does appear it is time for a new tent.


Because of the tent being destroyed I packed up and was not able to do the show on Sunday. I still have to send my apologies to the show chairman. Earlier on Saturday she had stopped by to present me with the first place ribbon and framed poster. It was probably not the best way to show my appreciation by not showing the next day - but without a shelter at an outdoor show - that would be asking for disaster.


I will be scrambling to get a tent for the upcoming Sugar Creek show in Normal, I was hoping that mine had one more weekend left in it ..... I was wrong.


Spent Sunday by the pool finishing up Wrigley South, some more brick on the wall and putting up the foul pole and we should be ready for the Fourth of July weekend. Inviting the Bohemians to stop by so it should be a great party weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter