Friday, February 05, 2010

The Scarf

With Valentines Day fastly approaching, I'm thinking I should probably be thinking of a gift for The Woman. There are many sale flyer's littering the paper, touting sales of various type of merchandise. I need something special - as unique as The Woman.

My mind goes back to an art show that I went to in Springfield IL one fall - The Woman and I were there meeting artist and putting together a mailing list for a summer show we were working on. We spent the day walking through the show and grabbed a nice afternoon lunch at a tea room that we had heard about at the show.

During our tour of the show I noticed that The Woman had spent a long time looking at a particular scarf at a display, talking to the weaver about how it was made. I got the weavers card and made a mental note.

In the following weeks I contacted the weaver and purchased the scarf for a Christmas gift.

I placed the scarf in The Woman stocking and she received it with other gifts - But - the scarf was special because I noticed that - she noticed it.

Guys we have an opportunity to do the same thing right here in town - Take your significant other to the Jewelry Show at the Peoria Art Guild - Watch what she is interested in - trys on - or ogles over. Take the artists card - If you can't secretly sneak back and buy it then. Take her to a nice lunch and surprise her next weekend.


You'll be glad you did. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter